Continuous Integration with Salesforce DX: Practices and Principles for All
- David Reed
- Phillyforce '18
This talk draws on several past articles published here:
- Salesforce Lifecycle and Tooling: CircleCI and SFDX
- Integrating Static Analysis with PMD in the Salesforce Development Lifecycle
- Salesforce Lifecycle and Tooling: Testing on Multiple Org Types with Salesforce DX and CircleCI Workflows
- Integration Testing Off-Platform Code with Salesforce DX and
Some additional resources and examples are available on my GitHub:
- circleci-sfdx-examples, a compendium of CircleCI/Salesforce DX examples, including a basic project, using the Lightning Testing Service, testing against multiple org shapes, and using PMD static analysis.
- sfdx-simplesalesforce, demonstrating how to test integrated code written in Python with
simple_salesforcevia Salesforce DX scratch orgs.
- septaTrains, my toy Lightning project (ever wanted your SEPTA regional rail commute on your Lightning homepage?) and testing project for different CI and automated testing solutions.
- DMRNoteAttachmentImporter, a slightly more useful package also building with SFDX on CircleCI.